Sunday, May 23, 2010

summertime clothes


Ruby has just released their Summer 2010 look book, Bedrock. It makes me think of Elaine Robinson, or The Beatles video of "Another Girl" from Help. This is exactly what I want to wear in summer (indeed, what I want to wear right now). The collection also brings to mind early sixties beach party movies where everyone does the mashed potato in bikinis while The Monkees or Beach Boys or Wonders (not the on-e-dors) perform in sailor outfits. I tried to find pictures of this but it was suprisingly difficult.

I know that I often wax lyrical about Ruby. It's mostly because I think that with each new collection they have become more ambitious, while still remaining within the realm of affordability, which is a very important realm.

No comments:

Post a Comment